He gently breathes melody into his flute! The notes springing out of his flute enhance the beauty of every song. Mesmerizing the audience with his inimitable passion of playing the flute and creating an eternal bond with the music lovers is a phenomenon occurring too often in the world of music!
Commencing his lesson in music from Mr. Sane and Mr. Bhave, and then seeking guidance from Late Pt.Satchidanand Phadke & Late Pt.Sudhir Phadke, he polished his art immaculately. Carving a niche for himself steadily, he made a mark with the top professional groups in Maharashtra.
His flawless rendition, mastery of technique, beauty of tone and great expressive quality soon cannot escape the ears of the biggies in the music world. Performing with the renowned artists such as Pt. Hridaynath Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, etc.
He is working with the youth icons like Avdhoot Gupte, Swapnil Bandodkar, Vaishali Samant, Ajay - Atul, Saleel Kulkarni and many more.
Amar has also performed with stalwarts like Tabla maestro Ustd.Zakir Hussain, Pt.Suresh Wadkar and Ghajal maestro Ustd.Ghulam Ali.
He is the monarch in the kingdom of flute.
A Master’s degree holder in Computer Science, he leaves his imprint in every field – be it stage performances, film song recordings, or background scores.
This Flautist needs no prologue. He is a household name, and one catches a glimpse of him in much celebrated musical programmes such as the illustrious 'Sur-Taal', and the elite 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa'.
A diehard fan of Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, he performs with great artists but retains his own identity through his Midas touch on his flute.
Amar presents variety of solo performances as well as performances with Stalwarts.
- 'Amar Bansi' - Includes various Hindi and Marathi songs .
- 'Golden Flute'- Contribution of flute in Hindi film music.
- 'Confluence' - With renowned vocalist Anand Bhate, bringing up best of Classical, Semi Classical, Folk vocals blended with sublime tones of flutes
- 'Convergence' - With Versatile artiste Shounak Abhisheki, Includes variety of musical forms, ranging from Hindustani Classical to Maharashtrian 'Koli-Geet', Bhajan, Natyageet, Fusion, Medley, Virani's etc.
- 'Brass & Woods' - A unique combination of Saxophone and Flute, with renowned saxophone player Shyamraj Ji
- 'Beyond Bollywood'- Based on classical Bollywood songs, With Tabla maestro Pt.Vijay Ghate